Technical Support Specialist
Req #: 1764
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Maintenance - Reliability & Technical Support
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time
REPORTS TO: Director of Technical Services
High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced technical degree in engineering or aircraft maintenance preferred. FAA, A&P Certificate preferred. Has had at least 3 years experience in the maintenance of large aircraft. Previous management experience in an aviation-related field preferred.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for the design and development of cost-effective solutions to technical and engineering problems.
- Develop and process data, procedures, instructions, standards and specifications for repairs and modifications to aircraft, engines, components, tooling and equipment.
- Write technical orders, modification orders, maintenance procedures, instructions, directives and reports.
- Coordinate with manufacturers, vendors and service providers to develop cost-effective improvements to aircraft systems.
- Provide technical assistance for new aircraft acceptance, delivery, entry into service and conformity.
- Provide troubleshooting advice and assistance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Services.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and flight benefits on all American Airlines flights.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting, and criminal/verbal background checks.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.