Req #: 1828
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
Location: Vandalia, OH
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Development and Engagement Manager
Summary/Objective: The Corporate Trainer is part of a high-performing team that helps create, design and deliver corporate leadership and development opportunities for PSA employees.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works collaboratively with the Development and Engagement Manager as well as leads in the creation of corporate learning and development programs that improve both the individual and their overall performance within the organization.
- Utilize results of assessments to create skills development, knowledge transfer and learning needs to different groups of employees.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulates enthusiasm for those topics.
- Strong interest to develop learning and development capabilities.
- Develop curriculum, training manuals, guides, visuals, presentations and program plans that serve as educational materials for employees.
- Focus on mix of training techniques needed to deliver programs in a classroom setting, remote learning and one-on-one opportunities, using a combination of lectures, workshops and videos.
- Present information through a variety of instructional methods and formats (i.e. simulations, team exercises, discussions, lectures, etc.)
- Provide follow-up instruction and employee support as needed
- Conducts training sessions and ensures that each course/training topic delivered contains appropriate content.
- Utilizes participants’ learning styles in order to facilitate best teaching and learning situations. Maximizing the learning opportunities for each participant.
- Training may be conducted at the DAY Training Center or offsite locations.
- Works closely with individuals at all levels of the organization validating and updating course content, preparing training materials, and facilitating training sessions with and without subject matter experts
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization, key individuals, and subject matter experts to work cooperatively to enhance training programs.
- Conducts class evaluations and completes assessment of participants to measure results and evaluate training.
- Engages in sufficient self-development and continuing education to maintain necessary skills, abilities and knowledge for high levels of personal achievement in the position.
Competencies and Knowledge
Flexibility: Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to handle new assignments, ad hoc services as needed, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Maintains effective and professional interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback. Excellent interpersonal and teaching abilities in order to properly train employees. Strong speaking and listening skills. Ability to take feedback and understand needs or others and ability to understand and analyze thoughts and ideas.
Critical Thinking/Decision Making: Must have good problem solving and decision making skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgement. Comfortable making decisions based on observations
Self-Motivated – Detail oriented with superb organization and time management skills. Ability to complete assigned work; multiple priorities, meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
Team-oriented: Ability to work effectively and productively and is a positive team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation. Service oriented attitude, always willing to help and learn. Ability to build relationships with all types of people in differing situations. Professional appearance, demeanor and attitude. At all times, engages in and promotes teamwork, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance and safety and embodies the PSA Way.
Other Position Requirements
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility in work schedule when needed to deliver training events.
Travel: Minimal travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience preferred. 1-3 years’ experience in designing, implementing, and delivering training programs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.), web presentation software (WebEx, GoTo Meeting, etc.). Proficient in using Learning Management Software. Association for Training and Development (ATD), Training Certificate, MBTI Certified a plus.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.