Director of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Req #: 1882
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Finance
Director of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate Headquarters)
- Reports To: VP, Finance
- Direct Reports: 2 Managers (14 Indirect)
- Travel: Moderate overnight travel
- Relocation: Some assistance available
- Ideal Candidate: Commercial aviation procurement strategy development experience
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines!
Environment: PSA Airlines employees 3,500+ professionals across six states and partners with four unions (ALPA, AFA, IAM and TWU) to meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines, and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: The Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement is responsible for the innovative and resourceful sourcing and procurement for corporate initiatives by delivering superior results through the implementation of strategic procurement, sourcing, contracting, logistics, business development and relationship management that optimize the value from these transactions.
- $75M+ worth of existing spare parts inventory (responsible for proper allocation throughout system)
- $30M+ of material procurement (expendables/rotables/repairable) for 2018
- $80M+ value of multiple vendor supported programs for material procurement
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of a corporate procurement strategy.
- Creation and management of short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives related to inventory placement, aircraft component sparing levels, and other corporate sourcing and procurement initiatives.
- Creation and improvement of best-practice based processes for sourcing and procurement.
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Management of procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities.
- Managing the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training development and knowledge.
- Responsible for budget management for categories under management – and for procurement itself.
- Development of benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement.
- Building a Procurement Center of Excellence (CoE) to help transform Procurement, and also support broader transformation of the value chain.
- Directs activities assuring proper procurement policies to satisfy the requirements of the Company.
- Maintains a familiarity with the management information systems, especially as they relate to purchasing.
- Provides initial authorization for purchase requisitions for all materials associated with the maintenance of aircraft and their related components and major support equipment.
- Authorizes requisitions for standard inventory items.
- Develops, initiates and manages Request for Proposals (RFP’s) for addition of vendors and contracted services.
- Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- Develops vendor performance metrics and implement repair vendor performance reviews.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining stock level reorder points and quantities and spare parts distributions.
- Partners with Director of Inventory Logistics and other Maintenance Department leaders to achieve adequate spares support of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance operations.
- Directs activities assuring proper spare support at all PSA Airlines locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Business preferred.
- Five to eight years of business experience in procurement or corporate planning.
- Must have experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems, strong negotiation skills, along with in-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Should have industry knowledge in terms of broad industry dynamics on the buy-side (and the sell-side) and the ability to “sell” procurement’s value and run procurement as a services business like any other well-run professional services business.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); ability to translate complex Finance issues and explanations into easily understandable language for Managers and Directors; strong project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment. Must have a working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc. Should be familiar with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Extended hours may be required.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.