Security and Compliance Assistant
Req #: 1880
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Safety & Security
Security and Compliance Assistant
Reports to: Manager of Airport Operations, Corporate Security, and Emergency Response
Location: Dayton, OH
Employment Status: Part-Time
Summary/Objective: The Security and Compliance Assistant position will assist with the overall coordination of all security related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines. This position will interact with company managers, union representatives, the TSA, and the FAA.
- Assist with the overall coordination of all security related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines, Inc.
- Maintain and assist in auditing the company databases for airline identification media, United States
- Assist with Postal Service (USPS) background checks, Criminal History Records Check (CHRC), and ensuring coordination with applicable regulatory bodies.
- Maintain company databases with regards to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Master Crew List (MCL) to ensure accuracy and compliance with international security agencies.
- Maintain PSA Security Operations Manual.
- Assist in maintaining and administration of employee operations reporting systems and databases of flight operations, ground, in-flight, disruptive passenger and passenger illnesses/injury to ensure integrity of reporting system.
- Organize, review and ensure proper dissemination of all Security Directives, Information Circulars, TSA Guidance Material and all other security documents to appropriate departments within PSA Airlines.
- Ensure daily review of the TSA security web board postings.
- Administrate and coordinate with American Airlines Legal, all legal case files, US Customs
- Violations and TSA letters of inquiry that could result in security violations or subject the company to potential civil penalty.
- Assist with the PSA Emergency Response Program.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to the VPOS.
- Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- In absence, duties performed by the Security and Compliance Specialist.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately, when performing job duties; prepare presentations; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are chosen from a schedule of Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary. Hours worked will not exceed 29 hours per week
Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required working toward advanced degree, preferably in aviation. At least two (2) years of experience in aviation administration preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a safety-related field or aviation preferred. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging. Valid driver’s license. Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.