Regional Manager - Aircraft Maintenance
Req #: 1881
Location: Vandalia, NC
Facility: ALL LOCATIONS
Job Family: Maintenance - Maintenance Production
Regional Manager - Aircraft Maintenance
- Location: Charlotte, NC or Norfolk, VA or Greenville-Spartanburg, SC
- Reports To: Director, Maintenance
- Direct Reports: 4 Base Managers (Bases: CLT, ORF, GSP, SAV)
- Travel: Frequent out-of-area and overnight travel is expected
- Relocation: Some assistance available
- Ideal Candidate: Commercial aviation Part 121 maintenance management experience
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines!
Environment: PSA Airlines employees 3,500+ professionals across six states and partners with four unions (ALPA, AFA, IAM and TWU) to meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines, and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: The Regional Manager is responsible for leading, managing and providing oversight of Maintenance Operations within a designated region comprising multiple maintenance bases. Responsible for the overall operation of the overnight maintenance and line maintenance operations. In addition, responsible for maintaining aircraft, ground equipment and facilities as needed to meet airworthiness standards, operating schedules, appearance standards and cost objectives.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist and support senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all PSA required policies, practices, procedures and processes.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of each PSA staffed Maintenance Facility.
- Provide leadership in the areas of personnel development, finance, productivity and accountability.
- Assist Director of Maintenance in development and implementation of performance KPI’s.
- Create and continuously promote an environment of teamwork, recognition, and overall atmosphere of success.
- Drive continuous improvement methodologies to eliminate waste and improve efficiency.
- Assist in the development of training programs for maintenance personnel and ensure personnel are properly trained and qualified to perform their duties.
- Assist in the development of maintenance budgets and cost projections.
- Maintain cost within assigned budgets.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate resources (manpower, tooling, equipment) are in place to ensure top level performance.
- Develop and initiate policies, practices and procedures that improve safety, compliance and operational efficiency.
- Compile and provide various reports and data packages as required or requested.
- Keep senior management appraised of all actual or potential negative conditions that may affect aircraft maintenance operations.
- Ability to identify efficiency roadblocks, develop strategic initiatives, and execute on processes to remove barriers.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Engineering and/or Business or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years management experience overseeing large aircraft maintenance operations.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs related maintenance systems.
- Experience with budgetary management, administration and control.
- Good working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
Competencies and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); ability to translate complex maintenance issues to leadership, strong project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment,hangar environment, and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.