Inflight Tablet Support Specialist
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 3,000 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions, and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
INFLIGHT TABLET SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Location: Vandalia, OH (Training Center)
Department: Inflight Training & Standards
Reports To: Manager, Inflight Standards
Travel: Moderate (20-30%)
Relocation: Local candidates preferred
Summary: The Inflight Tablet Support Specialist will assist in the daily administration and flight attendant assistance/trouble shooting of PSA's Flight Attendant Customer Experience Tablet (FACET) program.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with the Inflight Training & Inflight Services team for sustainment of the FACET program and refresh when applicable
- Respond to FACET user calls/emails for the purpose of troubleshooting
- Monitor ongoing FAA regulatory compliance of FACET program
- Collect user feedback and track trends for the purpose of program modification
- Work with American Airlines FACET managers and third party vendor to ensure quality and stock of FACET's associated equipment
- Manage the New Hire Tablet Training Program
- Assist with the administration of the document control management tool (Comply365)
- Support with LMS Administration
- Transfer and format curriculum into Captivate program
- Build curriculum in LMS
- Assign training curriculum to FA group as scheduled
- Track completed LMS courses
- Assist with monitoring equipment levels
- Assist with ensuring proper training of all base coordinators
- Assist with ensuring all loaner devices are maintained and up to date with current requirements and standards.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 2 years' aviation education and/or experience
- Experience with android software
- Experience with Comply365
- Proficiency with digital charting software
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with telephone conferencing and email communication preferred
- Experience in a role similar to a help desk or troubleshooting-related preferred
Competencies and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following:
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Strong analytical skills, creative and resourceful problem solving, and root cause troubleshooting
- Positive attitude and customer service orientation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Change advocacy, with focus on continuous improvement and training/coaching
- Professional aptitude and adaptability
- Multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
- Knowledge and ability to research/apply FAA regulatory compliance preferred
- Familiarity of airline products, services and operations preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel is expected.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.