Recruiter, Aviation Maintenance
Req #: 1950
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate HQ)
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Supervisor, Maintenance Recruiting
Travel: Moderate to Extensive (40-75%)
Relocation: Local candidates preferred
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Now is an exciting time to join PSA! Our operations strive to meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines, and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA Airlines remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has more than doubled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. Help us hire the best of the best to meet these growth plans.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions, and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire a Recruiter that can source and evaluate candidates using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: This Recruiter will be responsible for full lifecycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, selection, scheduling, and Preboarding processes) for the Maintenance group, focusing on Airframe and Powerplant Technicians, while acting as a consultative service provider to Hiring Managers, including daily communication. The incumbent will report to the Supervisor of Maintenance Recruiting in Corporate Headquarters.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Sourcing – 20%
- Partner with Supervisor and assigned Hiring Managers to effectively build a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount, turnover and changing talent needs.
- Identify and attend networking activities such as career fairs, professional associations, technical schools and outplacement services, etc.
- Present to students at technical schools in assigned geographic region on a continual basis.
- Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media, search engines and job boards) to build and maintain a quality pipeline, fostering long-term relationships with current and potential candidates.
- Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
- Analyze recruiting trends, best sources, and recruiting metrics to guide Hiring Managers on when and where to target talent.
Screening & Selection – 60%
- Lead the screening, interview and offer stages of the hiring process per PSA guidelines.
- Screening: Review and qualify applicants based on application / resume, track record / experience, pre-screening assessments, thorough interviews (phone / video / in-person) that measure candidates’ technical and functional knowledge and leadership skills using behavioral and competency-based questioning techniques, and recommend top candidates to Hiring Managers for final selection.
- Selection: Upon choosing finalists with the Hiring Manager, initiate and schedule industry-regulated criminal background checks and drug screening requirements per legal guidelines. Once complete, work with HR and Hiring Manager to develop and extend compelling offers of employment, negotiating per salary grade structure protocol.
Preboarding – 10%
- Schedule related pre-employment travel and accommodations, ensuring a positive experience.
- Initiate and ensure smooth transition of new hire processing up until Day 1 Orientation.
- Accountable for timely and accurate communication to all key stakeholders in the hiring process.
Administration – 10%
- Update Newton Application Tracking System (ATS) with requisite and candidate status updates immediately upon receiving notice of information / changes. Review all requisites daily to ensure accurate information is recorded in the system. Each Recruiter is directly accountable for adhering to standard processes for Newton data management.
- Review new applications daily for each assigned requisite, responding to each individual within seven (7) business days of application receipt.
- Provide feedback and hiring information to all applicants to ensure a positive candidate experience regardless of selection decision.
- Assist with providing Hiring Managers weekly activity reports highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
- Attend Recruiting meetings, share knowledge and skills with teammates, and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
Key Stakeholder Communication:
- Hiring Managers: Daily communication on sourcing and selection wins, obstacles, and issues (along with relevant solutions); consultative advice on best practices for hiring
- Supervisor: Daily and weekly updates on recruiting obstacles, wins, and issues; recording of all requested data for accurate metrics collection
- Recruiting Coordinator: Candidate / Requisite information needed to provide administrative support for scheduling, Preboarding, and Onboarding
- Human Resources: Facilitate smooth transition of new hires through Day 1 Orientation
- Director of Recruiting: Produce dashboard metrics reporting and present to leadership on the recruiting performance of assigned roles as requested
Required Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
- Minimum three (3) years of full lifecycle recruiting experience, ideally related to aviation maintenance
- Track record of success building and managing client and candidate relationships throughout each phase of recruiting process; customer service orientation is a must
- Knowledge of / Experience utilizing behavioral and/or investigative interviewing techniques
- Creative sourcing / attraction of talent; ability to build a talent pipeline and bench
- Exposure to legal and compliance aspects of Recruiting / HR
- Extensive knowledge of social networking platforms, online communities, conferences, and other sourcing channels
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor is essential, especially during uncomfortable situations and confrontations
- Experience developing / growing a college recruitment program
- Experience with consultative sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Highly effective time management
- Creative problem-solving
- Intellectual aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Focus on excellence
- Sense of humor
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.