Maintenance Operations Control Manager
Req #: 1997
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Maintenance - Operations Planning, Administration & Control
Maintenance Operations Control Manager
Location: Vandalia, OH
Reports to: Director of Maintenance Operations
Summary/Objective: The Maintenance Operations Control Manager is responsible for the direct oversight and control of PSA’s Maintenance Operations, including the direct supervision of Maintenance Control activities to ensure the highest degree of Safety, Compliance, Reliability and Operation Initiatives are met.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide oversight of all maintenance activities including Maintenance Planning, AOG Desk Coordination and Production Activities.
- Train, develop and coach, counsel, assign duties and work schedules, and supervise the day-to-day workflow for the Maintenance Control Department.
- Review current aircraft status, gather details on work in progress and inform maintenance management.
- Oversee the direction, and control of unscheduled maintenance to safely, quickly and efficiently return out of service aircraft, supporting the daily operation, back to service.
- Work with PSA Reliability and CASS as required to resolve aircraft reliability issues.
- Interface with the OCC Manager, providing solutions that best support airline operations.
- Resolve conflict and establish executable solutions for airline operations as it relates to maintenance activity.
- Direct oversight of ensuring quality maintenance is completed in accordance with the aircraft manufacturer’s technical data and all required security and safety procedures are followed in accordance with all company manuals.
- Review and analyze Maintenance Operations historical performance data to determine whether appropriate maintenance actions were applied.
- Analyze and arrive at the root causes of operational issues, recommending problem-solving solutions.
- Be the single point of contact for Reliability Board members for operational information.
- Manage and report all irregular maintenance operations to the Reliability Board.
- Manage and lead key maintenance department initiatives to include reduced repeat discrepancies, reduced aircraft down time, Right Start performance and accurate return to service information.
- Organize, lead and manage meetings and conference calls among Maintenance Departments.
- Author and implement Standard Operating Procedures for Maintenance Operations.
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve performance and efficiency of maintenance operations.
- Recommend, develop and implement policies and procedures that guide and support the airline operations.
- Provide current written policies addressing improved Safety and Compliance initiatives while maintaining performance metrics.
- Prepare, recommend and manage annual fiscal operating and capital equipment budgets for the department.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; coaching; influence; mentorship; approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with no supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position with responsibility for the overall supervision of all assigned management and support staff.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a fulltime position with an expectation of having the ability to be available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
Travel: Travel may be expected of this position.
Required Education and Experience: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Advanced technical degree in an aviation field or a closely related discipline preferred. Minimum of five (7) years of technical and management within a 49CFR Part 121 Airline operation experience required. Current FAA “Airframe and Powerplant” license required. Strong communication and verbal skills required. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Previous managerial experience required.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.