Aircraft Maintenance Training Instructor - SAV
Req #: 2028
Location: Savannah, GA
Facility: Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
Job Family: Maintenance - Training
Aircraft Maintenance Training Instructor
Location: Savannah, GA
Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Training
Summary/Objective: The maintenance training instructor teaches in discipline areas in which he or she has specific training and competence primarily in a hands on hangar/line type setting. As such, the maintenance training instructor is expected to plan, organize, and instruct in a manner that encourages the company’s imperatives and values. He or she also promotes and directs successful student learning in keeping with the learning-centered values and goals of the maintenance training department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current FAA Airframe & Powerplant Licenses
- Three years of experience in the maintenance of transport category aircraft
- At least one year experience in a relevant aviation field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision while exercising good judgment and a strong initiative
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
- Proficient in the delivery of on the job training, presentations, and reports
- Ability to travel as required (< 5%)
- Ability to work different shifts as required
- Technical degree in aviation, education, or a closely related discipline
- Good working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations as they relate to aircraft maintenance operations
- Experience with Maxi Merlin, Bombardier Navigator, Aircraft Diagnostic Solutions, and MDC Analyzer software
- Previous teaching or instructing experience; hands-on or on-the-job preferred
- Assist new hires with the transition from formal classroom training to on-the-job learning by conducting hands-on instruction of aircraft systems and maintenance procedures, maintenance paperwork, safety, test equipment, motorized equipment training, and other subjects to company and vendor personnel
- Conduct aircraft engine run and taxi training/testing
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of newly onboarded maintenance personnel
- Directly responsible to the Manager of Maintenance Training with dotted line to local base manager
- Promote sound operational judgement and a safety-oriented attitude throughout the organization
- Assist curriculum developer with revising curriculum and training methods / structure, serve as subject matter expert.
- Assist with the maintenance, upkeep, security, and auditing of training records and ensure proper completion of training documentation
- Other duties as assigned by the MTM or his designee
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates primarily in a hangar and line environment. This role routinely uses aircraft tooling such as hand tools, jacks, test equipment, forklifts, aerial lifts, tugs, hydraulic mules, servicing carts, etc. and standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, and photocopiers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs, ladders, and work stands; lift weight up to 40 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are variable, but primarily Monday through Friday, with flexibility to support training events.
Travel: Little (5%) to no travel is expected with this position.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and flight benefits on all American Airlines flights.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting, and criminal/verbal background checks.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full time position......offering full benefits. Come join our team of aircraft maintenance professionals!
*** For Internal use only: This opening closes 7 days after original posting.