Recruiting Coordinator - Maintenance
Location: Vandalia, OH
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Recruiting Support Supervisor
Summary/Objective: The Maintenance (MTX) Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for administrative support, new hire processing, and onboarding coordination for the Maintenance Recruiting team.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Administrative Recruiting Support – 50%
- Provide administrative support to the MTX Recruiting team, with a focus on scheduling candidate travel and accommodations and administering bulk candidate communication in the Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) system and Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Act as backup to MTX Recruiters while they travel, coordinating candidate communicate, ATS administration, and reporting as needed.
- Work with Supervisor and HR Admin to coordinate relevant relocation and sign-on bonus programs (e.g. fliers, communication, referral spreadsheet tracking).
- Attend Recruiting meetings, share knowledge and skills with teammates, and contribute to learning efforts where appropriate. The Coordinator will be expected to have high-level knowledge of every open requisite managed by the MTX team.
- Provide research support to MTX Recruiting team as new ideas are explored and tested.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects as assigned.
- Under direction of leadership, create and maintain position-specific SOPs.
- Process applicant paperwork and filing on a regular basis using compliance guidelines.
Event Coordination Support – 30%
- Assist with planning and scheduling travel and accommodations for MTX Recruiting events.
- Coordinate event materials, including job fair décor and promotional items.
- Assist with calendar event tracking and marketing support to promote events.
New Hire Onboarding Coordination – 20%
- Act as primary coordinator of MTX Indoc scheduling, including but not limited to the following:
- Communicate with Hiring Managers and MTX Training to set up class dates,
- Track Indoc Class Lists and report out Onboarding Schedules to all stakeholders,
- Schedule travel, rental cars, and hotel rooms for MTX new hires
- Coordinate Onboarding activities and agendas with HR and Hiring Managers,
- Under direction of the Supervisor, act as back-up support to the Recruiting & Onboarding Coordinator for related Onboarding tasks when needed.
- Take part in the Continuous Improvement efforts to develop the Onboarding program to best in class standards under the guidance of the Supervisor and Director.
- Accountable for timely and accurate communication to all key providers and stakeholders involved in MTX Recruiting and New Hire Onboarding, expediting information changes and ensuring buy-in on program adjustments from all parties.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
- Foster a safe and positive work environment through diligence, teamwork, and a constructive attitude. Report all unsafe and negative activities to the Director.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience; human resources support experience preferred
- 1-2 years of customer service, hospitality, or sales experience
- Intermediate proficiency or above in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor is essential
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
- Experience supporting multiple personnel in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of recruiting / talent acquisition processes desired
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems preferred
- Working knowledge of scheduling and booking travel and accommodations
- Experience coordinating recruitment events (e.g. job fairs, networking events)
- Exposure to legal and compliance aspects of Recruiting / HR
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated / Strong initiative
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Highly effective time management
- Intellectual aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Focus on excellence
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Travel: Rare travel, up to 10% of the time depending on events attended.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.