HR Business Partner
Req #: 2040
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
HR Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate Headquarters)
Reports to: Employee Relations Leader
Travel: Low to moderate (up to 40%)
Relocation: Local candidates preferred; some relocation assistance may be available
Environment: PSA Airlines employs 3,500+ professionals across six states and partners with four unions (ALPA, AFA, IAM and TWU) to meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines, and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: Provides support to Employee Relations leaders by developing solutions or providing resources to various HR areas such as employee relations, performance management, employee development and training, policies and procedures and corrective action. Responsible for defining, promoting and reinforcing PSA’s employee and workplace philosophies to leadership and employees.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with establishing/coordinating Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists Managers with Company policies and procedures and Employee Relations issues, investigations, discipline and termination proceedings.
- Assists operational leaders with grievance resolution by providing information and options based on individual circumstances.
- Ensures consistency in handling disciplinary problems.
- Assists in preparation of employee notices and corrective action.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and guidance to leadership and non-management personnel in resolving work related problems.
- Assists in the development of leaders through coaching.
- Oversees and conducts investigations and ensures compliance with policies and practices, as well as Federal, state and local employment laws.
- Supports leaders through performance management and performance discussions.
- Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
- Assists in planning, organizing and/or facilitating employee and leadership HR training.
- Assists with the on boarding processes and programs for new leaders.
- Participates in process improvement events to increase department efficiency and reduce administrative effort and expense.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; performance management; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); ability to translate complex human resource terms and explanations into easily understandable language for all employees; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources, HR Generalist-related experience preferred
- Previous experience in supporting a union environment
- Track record of successfully resolving concerns with employee, managers or government agencies
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs and human resource related systems
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred or equivalent experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, to include, but not limited to:
- Employee and union relations
- Performance management
- Federal and state respective employment laws
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.