Supervisor of Inflight Service - DCA
Req #: 2035
Location: Arlington, VA
Facility: Arlington (Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport)
Job Family: Inflight - Services & Standards
Supervisor Inflight Service
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Inflight Service
Summary/Objective: The Duty Supervisor directly reports to their assigned Inflight Duty Manager and is responsible for serving as the liaison with local and system departments, e.g., Scheduling, OCC, Ramp Control, Passenger Service, Ramp Service and the Inflight Department. This job is also responsible for providing essential support for frontline Inflight employees (Flight Attendants).
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for assuring that the highest standards of safety compliance and customer service are met by flight attendants
- Responds to Flight Attendant needs, questions and requests
- Acts as a liaison between Inflight and Customer Service
- Provides Inflight Service assistance for inbound and outbound flights, e.g.; Flight Attendant injuries and aircraft emergencies
- Conducts coaching and counseling, on Flight Attendant performance, attendance and appearance when needed
- Tracks and follows up on delays that have been coded to Inflight to affect a positive change in key performance indicators (KPI)
- Works with Inflight personnel to maximize their performance potential with regards to timeliness and attendance
- Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy
- Prepares reports and records on department activities for upper management
- Acts as a liaison between Inflight Operations and the Inflight Standards and Training groups to ensure that best practices are implemented, and to provide feedback regarding real world implementation and performance of new or changed procedures
- Provides feedback to the Inflight Duty Managers regarding employee performance and attendance
- May be utilized as a witness to disciplinary meetings, but will not conduct said meetings
- Interface with other departments to ensure manual consistency
- May act in the role of Duty Manager during an absence of said Duty Manager when prior delegation of duties has been arranged with the Assistant Director of Inflight Services
- Performs other duties as required
- Retain qualification and currency as a PSA Airlines Flight Attendant on all aircraft types to which flight attendant personnel are assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in a supervisory position, preferably in the aviation field.
- Flight Attendant experience and certification. (External candidates will need to successfully complete PSA's Flight Attendant training program and become certified before transitioning into this role.)
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field of study is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to supervise and support non-management and contract labor work groups
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work rotating shifts, night and weekends to meet the operational needs
- Ability to fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Ability to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Ability to pass a background reference check and criminal fingerprint check
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels both verbally and written
Competencies and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; performance management; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); strong project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: NA
Travel: Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may be required (up to 50% of the work week).
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; When serving as a flight attendant must, in performance of those duties, lift weight up to 42 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekend as job duties demand. Days and hours of work in the office environment are based on a rotating schedule.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.