Director of Finance
Req #: 2052
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Finance
Director of Finance
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Now is an exciting time to join PSA! Our operations strive to meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines, and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA Airlines remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has more than doubled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. Help us hire the best of the best to meet these growth plans.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions, and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire a Recruiter that can source and evaluate candidates using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: The Director of Finance leads the day to day operations and also drives the long term strategic plan for the following companywide functions: Financial Analysis, Capital Expenditure Investment Decisions, Labor Analysis, Manpower planning, Crew Payroll, Corporate Real Estate, and Facilities
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts as the primary financial partner to both company leadership and also external partners for the annual capital budget and capital forecasts, manpower planning needs, labor financial analysis, and ad hoc analyses
- Leads coordination of fleet plan related activities for inductions and disposition of aircraft
- Drives the capital budgeting strategy and planning process; supports division leadership in strategy execution through integrated, divisionally owned capital budget plans, and provides feedback on financial status of projects and investments
- Oversees the companies facility and corporate real estate related needs (vendor management and selection, vendor coordination, routine building maintenance) through a partnership with American Airlines CRE, and external vendors
- Interfaces with key stakeholders such as American Airlines Regional Finance/Capital and PSA’s Shared Services Organization (SSO) and Payroll
- Drives PSA’s labor analysis initiatives to completion and provides critical financial and economic support to company leadership during labor negotiations
- Stays abreast of industry trends and competitive performance and uses that information to generate ideas and drive improvements in PSA's performance
- Develops internal financial reports that provide additional operating guidance to department managers (trend analysis, key cost drivers, etc.).
- Applies knowledge of existing Merlin system and future Maintenix platform, in order to guide financial oversight
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating plan and monthly divisional forecasts
- Applies knowledge of Crew Pay system to ensure compliance with contractual terms
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the operation of the department and company
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); ability to translate complex Finance issues and explanations into easily understandable language for Managers and Directors; strong project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Extended hours may be required.
Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred. MBA preferred. Three to eight years of management experience in financial analysis, or corporate planning within the airline industry. Advanced skills in Microsoft office spreadsheet, and related applications including Hyperion or Tableau
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.