Events Coordinator - Organizational Development
Req #: 1394
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. Even with over 3,000 employees, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions, and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
EVENTS COORDINATOR - ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate Headquarters)
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Manager, Development & Engagement
Travel: Minimal (up to 20% of the time)
Relocation: Local candidates preferred
Summary/Objective: The Events Coordinator is part of a high-performing team that provides coordination, administrative, and logistical support for training and employee engagement events.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate program execution and logistics with internal groups and external facilitators, subject matter experts, and vendors; including the scheduling of rooms, lunches, badges, ground transportation, etc., as needed
- Coordinate program execution and logistics for all employee engagement events including company-wide event, community events and volunteer program opportunities.
- Communicate with various audiences regarding the learning event details, pre-work assignments, schedule and/or course changes, reminders about upcoming sessions
- Manage courses and learners, including registrations, generating course rosters, managing withdrawals and waitlists, and creating reports
- Partner with the Development and Engagement Manager in developing and maintaining the training calendar
- Ability to create presentations, tutorials, and other informational material as needed
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of training activities and Company operations.
- Assist in evaluating training effectiveness, administer surveys, generate reports, and distribute appropriately
- Monitor and address learner questions submitted through the group mailbox
- Order/Prepare printed materials specific to each training session; ensure all participants have requisite materials prior to event
- Provide ad hoc services as needed
- Associate’s or undergraduate degree
- At least 3 years of experience in training or event planning
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
- Able to effectively communicate in English (written and oral)
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop and event management software preferred
Competencies and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, detail-oriented with superb organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, ability to manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines, positive, ‘service oriented’ attitude, always willing to help and learn, ability to be proactive with internal clients, good analytical and problem solving skills, comfortable with data management.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility to support training events.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.