Req #: 2099
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Supply Chain - Parts Repair Order & Warranty Administration
Supply Chain Operations
|Reports To:||Repair and Warranty Manager|
Summary/Objective: The Repair Analyst is responsible for the overall performance of their assigned vendors, and the repairs that are performed on rotable and repairable inventory by their assigned vendors. This includes the use of KPI’s and key metrics to ensure that costs, vendor turnaround time (TAT), warranty concessions on repairs, and receiving and invoice discrepancies are resolved in accordance with company standards. They manage the repair process to ensure that the vendor performs the repair using approved parts to include approved PMA’s and Service Bulletins. They perform quote analysis to ensure the lowest cost of repair and source to provide high dollar parts at a cost savings to the company. Additionally, they perform analysis for consideration of scrapping of the component based on BER criteria.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proactively manage supply chain for repair and overhaul services for aircraft components necessary to support the operation at the lowest total cost within the industry.
- Facilitate the review technical tear down quotations and establish recommendations for repair or negotiate reductions with merit based on an internal documented analysis
- Identify new sources of supply based on strict requirements that fulfill total cost of ownership objectives.
- Establish supplier score metrics in conjunction with key internal stakeholders.
- Monitor improvement initiatives, internal and external action items.
- Track cost drivers and coordinate reductions while maintaining specifications and operational objectives.
- Ensure the timely review of quotes and process for further approval
- Ensure internal and external TAT objectives are fulfilled.
- Track and reduce no fault found and customer induced damage instances.
- Establish operator support and service agreements.
- Initiate MRO RFP’s for select target spend and reliability areas relating to the repair and overhaul of components.
- Assist with the negotiation of agreements in support of corporate objectives.
- Establish various metrics to include internal TAT, external TAT, open activity, aging reports and cost analysis.
- Develop expertise regarding their respective commodities of various components through the research and analysis of the form, fit, function, cost, and all drivers within the supply chain that comprise to the total cost of maintaining its targeted reliability.
- Build an internal library of components to be references by the MRO supply chain team.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Aerospace Management or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2+ years significant procurement, supply chain experience, repair, or related warranty experience
- Proven cross functional project management experience
- Aviation knowledge and aviation maintenance experience – a plus
- A team player within department with cross functional teams such as Engineering, Maintenance, and Reliability – a must
- Ability to understand complex contracts and summarize key terms
- Must be self-starter and deadline driven
- Exceptional computer, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to interface with senior management and assist in negotiations with suppliers.
- Ability to analyze cost drivers and develop / implement cost reduction strategies
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; problem solving; communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel, vendors and outside regulatory agencies; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 95% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 5% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver’s license. At least two years of facility maintenance experience preferred, one year of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred. Ability to speak/read/write in English. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.