Crew Pay Analyst
Req #: 2109
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Finance
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 3,500 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
JOB TITLE: Crew Pay Analyst
LOCATION: Vandalia, OH
REPORTS TO: Manager of Crew Pay
· Applicant should possess a Associates Degree, or equivalent work experience, with minimum three year experience within the airline industry, Payroll and/or Crew Scheduling experience is preferred
· Applicant must have a broad knowledge of Microsoft Office programs for maintaining data and generating reports
· Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must be able to perform audits, maintain records and assists the SSO Payroll department with review of crew pay records
· Applicant must have strong analytical and organizational skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Research, review, analyze, compile and transmit crew pay information to SSO Payroll department to ensure proper payment of crew member, including over guarantee payments, premium pay, instructor pay, full time Union Leave Pay, Union Leave Reimbursements or Charge-backs, and Per Diem pay
· Analyze Pilot and Flight Attendant Over Guarantee/Per Diem pay data to ensure proper pay rates, rate increase/decrease accuracy
· Act as Company point of contact for research, review, compilation of crew pay data and resolve in a timely manner all Crew Pay Discrepancy Reports
· Analyze Transaction Code usage; provide correctional feedback to users
· Participate in reviews of Processes and Procedures to support Company objectives and as a means for process improvement Additional duties as assigned
· Ability to Multi-task.
· Treat all individuals with fairness and respect and act in accordance with expressed standards.
· Maintain and display commitment to company values.
· Maintain high standards of integrity.
· Portray poise and confidence and maintain composure in day-to-day situations.
· Display self-discipline and motivation in day-to-day situations.
· Operate effectively in an environment with occasional changes in standards, routines and practices, requiring some adaptation. Must handle change constructively.
· Provide answers for crew member’s payroll questions and correction for any discrepancies in pay. Gain ability to quote and use collective bargaining agreements effectively.
· Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, within the work group and occasionally within the function. Some external manager and/or regulatory official communication may be required.
· Listen, understand and negotiate within the function and occasionally across multiple functions.
· Work effectively in a team environment to deliver results.
· Foster a collaborative team environment within the function, engaging other team members through the use of effective input and feedback.
· Answer queries from colleagues on the payroll standards and practices relating to the work groups they are part of, or manage.
· Coordinate with Crew Scheduling, Crew Planning, Human Resources, and SSO Payroll to ensure crew members are paid correctly.
· Collect and verify correct data for flight training and in-flight training on schedules for trips dropped for/to IOE
· Analyze daily reports for all crew members and change any credit over pays or problems and/or discrepancies and post to PSA website for crews.
· Coordinate per diem pay for Pilots/FAs and move days with Crew Planning.
· Maintain files on network drives for Crew Pay.
· Daily monitoring of crew schedules while pursuing money saving strategies.
· Assist Human Resources in following leave criteria and pay protection of trips.
· Liaison between SSO Payroll and Crew Member with timely resolution to payroll issues.
· Assist Flight Training in adhering to Contract, while monitoring correct credit of training or trips being modified.
· Monitor and document bypass/pay protection pilots, ensuring that senior and junior crew members are compensated properly during training agendas.
· Accomplish any required month-end close and/or accrual submissions.
· Assess situations using advanced skills to reach timely and appropriate solutions. .
· Performs additional functions (essential or otherwise) which may be assigned from time to time.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files, etc. not in excess of 30 lbs.
· Can involve long periods of sitting. Computer work, in a typical office environment, subject to critical deadlines.
· Must be able to work extra hours when necessary.
· Some travel may be necessary.
· Must possess valid driver license and if position requires use of company vehicle(s), must be insurable under company insurance coverage
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.