Technical Publications Specialist - ePubs
Req #: 2114
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Flight Operations - Technical Manuals Publication
Technical Publications Specialist - ePubs
Location: Dayton, OH
Reports to: Manager of Technical Publications
Summary/Objective: The Technical Publications Specialist - ePubs is responsible for the control and distribution of all electronic publications utilized by PSA Airlines, Inc.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Format, maintain, update, and control distribution/accountability for all the electronic manuals and the systems they are contained within, including outside sources and vendors.
- Be the subject matter expert and point of contact with Bombardier for their Navigator manual system.
- Be the point of contact for distributing manuals and bulletins through Comply365 software.
- Perform annual audits at each maintenance base on manual currency and compliance.
- Publish electronic manuals as requested to the PSA employee portal.
- Assist the other Technical Publications Specialists as needed to create, publish and / or distribute operations and maintenance information, and revisions / bulletins.
- Ensure that publications receive FAA approval or acceptance, as required, prior to distribution.
- Office responsibilities include typing, filing, scanning, copying, faxing, mailing, answering phones, and other administrative duties as required.
- In the absence of one of the Specialists, assist in completing their responsibilities.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Manager of Technical Publications.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: good organizational and communication skills; strong attention to detail; approachability; problem solving; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 40 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00. Occasional evenings or weekends may be required to meet job requirements (deadlines and/or travel).
Travel: Some travel required to attend conferences and maintenance base audits (10%).
Required Education and Experience: Associates Degree or equivalent work experience; experience using Microsoft Office programs. Minimum two years’ experience in creating and manipulating PDFs using Adobe Acrobat. Intermediate skills using WordPress and XML.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Intermediate internet skills; Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Good customer service skills.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.