Inflight Standards Supervisor
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 3,000 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
Inflight Standards Supervisor
Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate Headquarters)
Department: Inflight - Training
Reports to: Manager of Inflight Training
Summary/Objective: The Inflight Standards Supervisor is responsible for oversight and development of PSA’s Check Flight Attendant Program. All policies and procedures are the responsibility of the Inflight Standards Supervisor, to include all manuals and curricula. This position works in conjunction with the Inflight Training Supervisor to ensure all training is delivered according to FAA and PSA requirements.
- Oversight and development of the Check Flight Attendant Program
- Supervision of Check Flight Attendants
- Maintain currency of Inflight Manuals
- Interface with other departments to ensure manual consistency
- Collaborate with American Airlines Flight Service personnel to ensure consistent alignment with policies and procedures
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for departmental audits (IOSA, DOD, DOT, TSA, SMS)
- Lead development and implementation of Inflight training programs in accordance with PSA’s Training Manual, selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the training situation
- Collaborate with Inflight Training Supervisor to ensure consistent application of all training curricula
- Acquire and maintain comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements (CFRs, TSRs, DOTs, security directives), company policies and procedures
- Calibration of Inflight Training Specialists and Check Flight Attendants as applicable
- Assist with the interview process for Inflight Training Specialists
- Assist in the oversight of LMS and LMS program administrator in absence of Manager of Inflight Training
- Research industry best practices
- Assist in Advanced Qualification Program development, implementation and approval as applicable
- Retain qualification and currency as a PSA Airlines Flight Attendant on all aircraft types to which flight attendant personnel are assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in a supervisory position, preferably in the aviation field.
- Flight Attendant experience and certification. (External candidates will need to successfully complete PSA's Flight Attendant training program and become certified before transitioning into this role.)
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field of study is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to obtain a SIDA badge in Dayton and Charlotte airports
- Working knowledge of federal aviation regulations, CFR Part 121
- Organizational diagnosis
- Diversity, employee and union relations training
- Performance management
Competencies and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; performance management; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); ability to translate complex aviation terms and explanations into easily understandable language for all employees; strong project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has direct supervisory responsibility for all Check Flight Attendants
Travel: Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; When serving as a flight attendant must, in performance of those duties, lift weight up to 42 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekend as job duties demand. Days and hours of work in the office environment are generally Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.