IOE Scheduling Coordinator
Req #: 1533-POST
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Flight Operations - Crew Scheduling
IOE Scheduling Coordinator
Department: Flight Operations - Crew Scheduling
Reports to: Director, Crew Scheduling
Location: Vandalia, OH (Training Center)
Summary/Objective: IOE Training Coordinators are responsible for coordinating the full lifecycle of IOE Training requirements for Pilots and Flight Attendants, including planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting on completion of the active line-flying training program. The incumbent must ensure that they are efficiently utilizing trainee and crew members’ time, including Line Check Airman (LCA) and Check Flight Attendants (CFA), within the limitations of the Federal Air Regulations, labor work rules, and company policies.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assign new hire crew members with Line Check Airman and Check Flight Attendants to on line flying for training.
- Schedule AQP/SLF and requalification line checks.
- Coordinate with other departments in the development of new LCA/CF
- Work with the FAA to perform crew member’s observations; track all scheduled FAA observations to completion.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to review crew member’s progress during training.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to build crew member’s monthly schedules.
- Monitor Pilot/FA progress during training.
- Modify monthly schedules for annual line checks.
- Assure all flight crews are qualified to perform duties, pursuant to regulations, equipment restrictions, and contractual restrictions.
- Attend all Pilot and Flight Attendant new hire classes to go over contract and provide guidance.
- Track qualified Pilots’ consolidation hours.
- Assist with Invoice approval and reconciliations.
- Generate and evaluate reports as necessary to ensure that crews are legal and qualified for flight assignments.
- Monitor and manage irregular operations and daily flight operations for crew conflicts, including but not limited to duty time compliance, crew legality, and company policy.
- Maintain logs of significant events in order to assist in reporting, follow-up and relief debriefing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- College or Technical coursework preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience with complex scheduling of large populations of personnel to assigned tasks while adhering to multiple regulations and contract stipulations
- Sabre or other flight booking software experience preferred; intermediate to advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs required
- Aviation background preferred
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Compound problem solving and analysis
- Strong attention to detail
- Intellectual aptitude
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Works well under pressure
- Professional aptitude
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time
Travel: Little to no travel involved.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.