Vice President of Systems, Operations Control and Planning
Vice President of Systems, Operations Control and Planning
Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate Headquarters)
Reports to: President
Travel: Moderate (30-60%)
Relocation: Assistance available
Environment: PSA Airlines employees over 3,000 professionals across six states and partners with four unions (ALPA, AFA, IAM and TWU) to meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines, and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has doubled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions, and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: Directs and oversees the management of all flight operational resources including Crew Planning, Crew Resources, and Dispatch. Provides a vision of where the airline’s operations are heading and develops the strategic plan while providing the leadership and necessary infrastructure to reach company goals. Works closely with the Director of IT to identify, plan and execute technology strategies in support of operational performance. On a daily basis, monitors and strives to improve safety, reliability and productivity of dispatch operations, planning and crew resources.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides direction and resources for Dispatch, Crew Planning, and Crew Resources.
- Leads in the development of innovative changes to current practices and processes, leveraging technology and automation to transform how flight planning, crew resources and dispatch operations work.
- Creates and inspires an environment of continuous improvement in operational performance as well as the development of standards and best practices for applications and processes.
- Establishes and maintains a management organization capable of exercising operational control of all PSA Airlines flights.
- Supports and develops the senior leadership team and nominates responsible managers for openings.
- Responsible for the compliance with all applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Continually monitors and strives to improve safety and quality policy effectiveness by communicating the importance of meeting statutory and regulatory requirements as well as conducting periodic management of safety and quality reviews.
- Continually completes reviews on the suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Provides necessary support for the Company’s Safety Management System, Internal Evaluation and Safety Audit Programs.
- Ensures that flight planning, resources and dispatch operations meet or exceed the standards required by the FAA, PSA and any additional standards established by other authorities.
- Ensures that arrangements are available for production and revision of manuals and other documentation for flight operations, as well as flight crew, dispatch, cabin crew, and training.
- Ensures that the sufficient dispatch and crew resources staff are available for the intended operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree or coursework preferred.
- Eight or more years of operations management experience at a high level in the airline industry, preferably with a regional carrier of equal or greater size.
- Experience leading crew planning and dispatch departments.
- Extensive knowledge of aviation systems related to operations planning, including proven experience drive the use of technology to maximize efficiency and met KPIs.
- Experience implementing complex systems across functional units.
- Experience in a rapid growth environment preferred.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Strategic thinking
- Planning - long and short term
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to inspire followership and motivate teams
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position. Manages and provides direction to a staff of three (3) Directors.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-time/40 hours a week with occasional extended periods as necessary to support airline operations. On-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Travel: Travel is required of this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.