Req #: 1644
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Maintenance - Reliability & Technical Support
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 2,500 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
Summary/Objective: Responsible for the technical analysis, evaluation, and reporting of aircraft maintenance.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collects and complies data on aircraft and component technical performance and from aircraft inspection programs.
- Analyzes and evaluates aircraft and component technical performance to determine if any unsatisfactory trends or conditions exist.
- Analyzes, evaluates and reports to management aircraft inspection program findings to determine if any unsatisfactory trends or conditions exist, or if task interval escalations are possible.
- Reports of aircraft and component operational performance and on any aircraft inspection program findings.
- Alert maintenance management of any repeat discrepancies to assure aircraft reliability metrics are met.
- Distributes Root Cause Analysis reports and works with the Maintenance Managers to determine root cause and help resolve the issues and determine preventative actions.
- Write, assemble, edit and distribute FAA required monthly Continuous Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) reports, Mechanical Reliability Reports, Service Difficulty Reports and Mechanical Interruption Summary Reports.
- Evaluate maintenance program performance through analysis of data collected by CASS.
- Coordinate fleet trend corrective action proposals with Technical Services Department in response to alerts and/or trends.
- Review Service Bulletins and make recommendations to management regarding implementation.
- Ensures all specified policies, practices, and procedures are complied with.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organization skills; problem solving; communication skills both verbal and written; the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel, vendors, and outside regulatory agencies; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisor position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-time position with first shift hours.
Required Education and Experience: Associate’s degree in engineering or aircraft maintenance operations or four (4) years’ aviation experience required. Advanced technical degree in engineering or aircraft maintenance preferred. At least three (3) years’ experience in the maintenance or large aircraft preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.