Quality Assurance Specialist
2.10.3 Quality Assurance Specialist
Reference FAR 121.365
Responsibilities: Responsible for conducting and maintaining the Auditing Program.The QAS is
directly responsible to the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance. He/she is responsible for the
1. Establish and maintain a system for the auditing program in adherence to the General
2. Conducts audits of Maintenance Department facilities, vendor repair agencies, and suppliers
to include evaluations for adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety.
3. Conduct outstation maintenance and fuel vendor audits to include evaluations for adequacy,
compliance, efficiency and safety.
4. Reviews audits and reports discrepancies of adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety to
the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance.
5. In the absence of the QAS, the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance will be responsible
for the Auditing Program.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance.
7. Assist and support the Vice President of Safety and other senior management in projecting a
strong leadership presence with a commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety
and regulatory compliance.
8. To act positively, cooperatively, efficiently and expediently in carrying out all orders,
directives and requests from senior management.
9. Perform Quality Assurance oversight of heavy maintenance contractors working on PSA
10. Ensuring compliance with applicable company policies, procedures and Federal Aviation
11. Duties may be delegated as necessary. However, such delegation does not relieve overall