Assistant Director of Inflight Service
Req #: 1693
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Inflight - Services & Standards
Assistant Director of Inflight Service
Location: Vandalia, OH (possibly in Charlotte, NC)
Reports to: Director of Inflight Service
Summary/Objective: The Assistant Director of Inflight Services straight line reports to the Director of Inflight Services. The Assistant Director will have oversite of the operational pillar of Inflight Services. The Inflight Duty Managers will report directly to the Assistant Director of Inflight Service. This person will be responsible for developing the Inflight leadership team through coaching, counseling, and when necessary discipline of the Inflight Duty Managers and Supervisors. The primary function of this position is to support the Director Inflight Services in the safe and efficient administration of Inflight Services, and to establish successful career succession within the operational pillar of department.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for assuring that the highest standards of safety, compliance and customer service are met by all members of the Inflight operational pillar
- Responsible for management and oversight of 4 Inflight Duty Managers, 12 Supervisors and 2 Operations Coordinators (hiring, training, mentoring, evaluating, etc.)
- Responsible for the department’s safety performance, operational performance and contractual compliance
- Responsible for Inflight Department communication to Flight Attendants regarding Company policies and procedures
- Provides daily oversight of Inflight operations in the respective bases
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining Inflight departmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Build and sustain high levels of cooperation and professionalism in the Inflight Department
- Promote and maintain employee morale and diversity
- Provide an effective liaison between the line Flight Attendants and Company Management
- Responsible for establishment, evaluation, maintenance and administration of all standards of work performance, appearance, dependability, attendance, conduct, service and safety consistency for line Flight Attendants
- Provides guidance and oversees management consistency and fairness for investigations and issuing performance development
- Ensures Inflight Duty Managers perform their duties in accordance with FAA Regulations, applicable labor laws, and company policies and procedures
- Ensures Inflight Duty Managers work cooperatively with company Human Resources personnel in the administration of sick time, leaves of absence, and discipline
- Conducts base visits and provides presence and availability to flight attendant staff
- Advise senior leadership as to current status of flight attendant staffing due to attrition, leaves, etc. that impact operations
- Oversee and manage the Flight Attendant Attendance Program
- Oversee and manage the Right Start Program
- Develop, oversee and manage the Flight Attendant Manual Compliance Program
- Develop, oversee and manage the New Hire Inflight Supervisor Program
- Develop, oversee and manage the Flight Attendant Appreciation Program
- Develop, oversee and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Assist with the Company Fatigue Management Program
- Assist with the Flight Attendant candidate recruitment program
- Establish support and maintain agreements between Union and the Company through effective communication and interaction with union representatives
- Serve as primary liaison with the Flight Attendant group and Union
- Participates in negotiations and administration of the flight attendant Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Support labor relations by participating in grievance mediation and arbitration
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and ensure compliance in the following areas: Company Policy, FAM, FAA Regulations and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Represent PSA at industry conferences and meetings
- Work closely with Regional counterparts and senior leaders of Flight Service
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Inflight Services to support the efficient operation of the department and company
- Maintain qualification on all aircraft types to which flight attendant personnel are assigned
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; performance management; problem solving; strong communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment. Knowledge of relevant regulations and the collective bargaining agreement.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position directly supervises the Manager of Inflight Services, the Inflight Supervisors, the Duty Supervisors and Operations Coordinators.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and may be required to climb up and down stairs
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of normal business hours, Monday through Friday with an occasional requirement for evening and weekend hours.
Travel: Out-of-area and overnight travel will be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience: Associates Degree or equivalent work experience, ability to interpret and enforce Federal Aviation Regulations applicable to Flight Attendants, Highly effective communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills, advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs, previous supervisory experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.