Recruiter, Flight Attendants
Req #: 1700
Location: Charlotte, NC
Facility: Charlotte (Charlotte Douglas International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines!
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions, and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
Recruiter, Flight Attendants
Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate HQ) or Charlotte, NC
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director of Recruiting
Travel: Heavy (50-75%, including overnights)
Relocation: Local candidates preferred
Summary/Objective: The Recruiter will be responsible for hiring the best of the best to meet our growth plans, including full lifecycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, selection, scheduling, and Preboarding processes) for the Flight Attendant hiring team.
Flight Attendant recruiting is a high volume, fast-paced environment that sees an average of 900 applications, 100+ interviews, 4-6 offsite events, 50+ flights/hotels booked, and 30-50 hires every month. The ideal candidate for this role has had some experience with both Staffing and Inflight Services, works well in a high-demand atmosphere, is customer-service oriented, and has excellent communication skills.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Screening & Selection – 70%
- Lead the screening, interview and offer stages of the hiring process per PSA guidelines.
- Screening: Review and qualify applicants based on application / resume, track record / experience, pre-screening assessments, thorough interviews (phone / video / in-person) that assess candidates’ technical and functional knowledge and skills using behavioral and competency-based questioning techniques, and recommend top candidates to Hiring Managers for final selection.
- Events: Lead interview events, coordinating recruiting partner schedules (Flight Attendants)
- Selection: Upon choosing finalists with the Hiring Manager, initiate industry-regulated criminal background checks and drug screening requirements per legal guidelines.
Preboarding – 10%
In conjunction with the Flight Attendant Recruiting Coordinator:
- Disseminate related onboarding materials.
- Ensure smooth transition of new hire processing up until Day 1 Orientation.
- Accountable for timely and accurate communication to all key stakeholders in the hiring process.
Sourcing – 10%
- Partner with Hiring Managers to effectively build a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount, turnover and changing talent needs.
- Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media, search engines and job boards) to build and maintain a quality pipeline, fostering long-term relationships with current and potential candidates.
- Identify and attend networking activities such as career fairs, professional associations, technical schools and outplacement services, etc.
- Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
- Analyze recruiting trends, best sources, and recruiting metrics to guide Hiring Managers on when and where to target talent.
Administration – 10%
- Update Newton Application Tracking System (ATS) with candidate status updates immediately upon receiving notice of information / changes. Review requisites daily to ensure accurate information is recorded in the system. Each Recruiter is directly accountable for adhering to standard processes for Newton data management.
- Review new applications daily for each assigned requisite, responding to each individual within seven (7) business days of application receipt.
- Provide feedback and hiring information to all applicants to ensure a positive candidate experience regardless of selection decision.
- Assist with providing Hiring Managers weekly activity reports highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
- Attend Recruiting meetings, share knowledge and skills with teammates, and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
Key Stakeholder Communication:
- Hiring Managers: Daily communication on sourcing and selection wins, obstacles, and issues (along with relevant solutions); consultative advice on best practices for hiring
- Director of Recruiting: Daily and weekly updates on recruiting obstacles, wins, and issues; recording of all requested data for accurate metrics collection
- Recruiting Coordinator / Administrator: Candidate / Requisite information needed to provide administrative support for scheduling, Preboarding, and Onboarding
- Human Resources: Facilitate smooth transition of new hires through Day 1 Orientation
- Executives: Produce dashboard metrics reporting and present to executive leaders on the recruiting performance of corporate and technical roles as requested
Required Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
- 2+ years’ experience or exposure to full lifecycle recruiting experience, ideally related to Inflight
- Track record of success building and managing candidate relationships throughout each phase of recruiting process; customer service orientation is a must
- Knowledge of / Experience utilizing behavioral and/or investigative interviewing techniques
- Exposure to legal and compliance aspects of Recruiting / HR
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor is essential
- Experience as a Flight Attendant
- Creative sourcing / attraction of talent; ability to build a talent pipeline and bench
- Extensive knowledge of social networking platforms, online communities, conferences, and other sourcing channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Highly effective time management
- Creative problem-solving
- Intellectual aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Focus on excellence
If you are looking to be a part of a growing organization and feel your personal goals and values align with our vision, please apply today. When you complete the application, demonstrate your interest in PSA by telling us which of our values resonates with you the most and why.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.