Human Resources Administrator Assistant
Req #: 1737
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 2,500 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
Department: Human Resources
Location: Dayton/Vandalia, OH
Reports to: HR Admin Supervisor
Summary/Objective: The Human Resources Administrator Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the HR Admin functional group. The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating needs proactively with the HR Admin Supervisor.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approve and prepare paperwork and folders for new hire orientation.
- Participate in new hire orientation, both locally and at bases within and outside of Ohio.
- Ensure new hire paperwork has been submitted to the Shared Services Organization (SSO).
- Submit and manage Personnel Action Notices (PANS) and assist in monthly audits.
- Create and update employee changes in ABRA based off information in the PANS.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions or directing them to the appropriate department/organization.
- Collaborate with human resource department employees on a daily basis.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience in human resources.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs and human resource related systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field preferred.
- PHR certification a plus.
Competencies and Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: interpersonal skills, approachability; performance management; problem-solving; positive communication skills (oral and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; dependability; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel: Must be able to travel up to 25%.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.