Req #: 1738
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 2,500 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
Department: Human Resources
Location: Vandalia, OH
Reports to: HR Manager
The Human Resources HRIS Specialist has a true specialist focus and responsibility for the metrics development, data analysis, and system oversight to drive retention, and engagement of the organization's human capital utilizing the various data systems available. The Corporate Manager of HR Administration will have immediate system and data integrity oversight for HRIS, performance management, and other HR systems.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and produces a monthly HR/Organizational Health Dashboard, reported by location, to assist location and corporate leadership monitor and evaluate trends.
- Participates in the development, planning, scheduling, systems and project monitoring, performance management.
- Gathers data from available resources, such as new employee and exit surveys, turnover data, and employee opinion surveys, to develop dashboards and ad-hoc reporting.
- Serves to support the vision and purpose of the HR department.
Data and HRIS Management
- Manages the database integrity of various HR systems, including the HRIS, performance management, systems.
Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Ensures the integrity of the HR database systems by routinely auditing data and processes.
- Continuously works to improve data integrity by reviewing and evaluating data and processes for potential improvement.
- Safeguards data so access to private information is granted on a need-to-know basis.
Customer Relations and Service Management
- Acts as the main contact and administrator for the HRIS system and performance management, Provide user support for HRIS system by researching and resolving problems as needed.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of complex reports or queries utilizing the appropriate reporting tools.
- Provide training to HRIS users to develop their skills in running and creating reports.
- Conduct beta and user acceptance testing and provide feedback on new functionality, upgrades, patches, etc.
- Lead in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS upgrades or patches.
- Support future application needs of PSA by participating in User Groups and Committees.
- Work with various other HR and Non HR functional areas (such as Payroll and Benefits) in setting up their system’s needs (e.g. annual benefits enrollment).
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: interpersonal skills, approachability; project management; performance management; problem solving/analysis; ethical conduct; strong communication (oral and written); ability to make recommendations to upper management; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; dependability; data base management; ability for multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel: Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Two years’ experience in data analysis required.
- Two years’ experience in database maintenance required.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the internet required.
- Three years’ experience as an analyst, related HR specialist, or HRIS expert preferred.
- Three years’ experience working with an HRIS, ideally Workday system preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, to include, but not limited to, employee and union relations; service center excellence; and federal and state respective employment laws.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.