Req #: 1686-1688
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Flight Operations - Crew Scheduling
LOCATION: Dayton, OH
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
Hours of a Crew Scheduler: The Crew Scheduling Department operates on a 24/7 basis with various shifts from 1st, mid, 2nd and 3rd. Work (4) 10 hour days with 3 days off.
***Must be available to work all shifts listed***
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent. Aviation background preferred. Excellent computer skills are a must and good verbal and written communication skills required.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Crew Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling of PSA Pilots and Flight Attendants. They ensure an efficient use of the crew members within the limitations of the Federal Air Regulations, labor work rules and company policies.
Specifically they will:
- Ensure the information in the scheduling software is accurate and complete.
- Generate and evaluate reports as necessary to ensure that crews are legal and qualified for flight assignments.
- Carry out plans for irregular operations, such as major cancellations, SWAP events and/or delays as planned by the Crew Coordinator.
- Communicate changes to the monthly schedule, which might affect further staffing requirements and/or daily performance, with the Crew Coordinator.
- Maintain a daily log of significant events in order to assist in reporting, follow-up and relief briefing.
- Coordinate and administrate the monthly crew member hotel requirements and accommodations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Crew Scheduling Supervisor and/or the Director of Crew Scheduling.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and flight benefits on all American Airlines flights.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting, and criminal/verbal background checks.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.