Req #: 1751
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Safety - Quality Assurance
Location: Vandalia, OH
Work Schedule/Shift: Full time position with first shift hours.
Reports To: Manager of CASS & Quality Assurance
Direct Reports: None
Relocation: Some assistance available
Travel: Some travel may be expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
About Us: We have 3,000+ professionals across six states ensuring our 750+ flights to 90 destinations every day meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines. Be a part of our growth and help PSA remain known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has almost tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150+ Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Bonus and Profit Sharing opportunities
- Travel Privileges on all American Airlines flights
Position Summary/Objective: The CASS Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of CASS data gathered through the root cause analysis process.
Using analytical and technical skills, develop analytical tools/reporting that captures the data needed to measure and report internal analysis and trending of qualifying hazard events, quality audit(s), investigation(s) and safety data.
Maintain and continually develop data collection/input system for CASS through the use of the root cause analysis process.
- Continuous develop of and maintaining the CASS database system.
Compilation of data for and timely issuance of, CASS reports, agendas and minutes to company personnel and FAA.
Interface with maintenance, operational and reliability departments to determine root cause of system deficiencies of Maintenance and Inspection programs.
Utilize available applications/tools to develop adhoc/automated reporting for all levels of the organization.
Aiding risk management in Maintenance and Inspection programs by hazard identification in management and efficiency of operational controls utilizing operational, quality audit(s), root cause analysis investigation(s) and safety data.
Conduct analysis of operational, quality audit(s), investigation(s) and safety data to present trends, assess risk, and provide mitigation recommendations to management through MDAG.
Interfaces with audit departments to identify and prioritize audit areas using risk assessment methods.
- Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- In absence, the Manager of CASS & Quality Assurance will re-assign tasks.
- Attend CASS Review Board Meetings.
- Attend MDAG Meetings.
- Associate's degree in engineering or aircraft management operations or four (4) years' aviation experience
- Advanced technical degree in engineering or aircraft maintenance
- At least three (3) years' experience in the maintenance of large aircraft
- Ability to speak/read/write in English
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following:
- Approachability and professional aptitude
- Problem solving and time and performance management
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of company personnel, vendors, and outside regulatory agencies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines
- Adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.