Req #: 1779
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Maintenance - Operations Planning, Administration & Control
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
This is an exciting time to join PSA! As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines is known for its outstanding safety and training culture, and has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. With over 3,000 employees, PSA is an exciting, fast-paced place to work. At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions, and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best.
MAINTENANCE PLANNING SUPERVISOR
Location: Vandalia, OH
Department: Maintenance Planning
Reports To: Manager, Maintenance Planning
Travel: Rare / Minimal
Relocation: Local candidates preferred; some assistance may be available for non-local candidates
Requisition ID: 1779
Summary/Objective: The Maintenance Planning Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Maintenance Planning Department.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Maintenance Planners;
- Ensure new employees receive proper and adequate training, as well as recurrent training;
- Monitor Daily Planner to ensure an equalized maintenance program and proper base utilization;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all necessary reports as required by maintenance planning;
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed by the maintenance planners;
- Maintain the technical and company manuals used in Maintenance Planning;
- Recommend changes or new procedures to improve department and system performance;
- Perform duties of the maintenance planner as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
Required Education and Experience:
- Technical or undergraduate degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance with working knowledge of aircraft inspections and maintenance programs, including schedule planning
- 1-3 years’ supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; prepare presentations; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position with direct reports.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.