Req #: 1795
Location: Vandalia, OH
Facility: Vandalia (Dayton International Airport)
Job Family: Human Resources
- Location: Vandalia, OH (Corporate Headquarters)
- Reports To: Director, Recruiting
- Direct Reports: 4
- Travel: up to 25%
- Relocation: Some assistance available
- Ideal Candidate: Commercial aviation recruiting management experience
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines!
Environment: PSA Airlines employees 3,500+ professionals across six states and partners with four unions (ALPA, AFA, IAM and TWU) to meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines, and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: The Recruiting Manager is responsible for tactical execution of the Recruiting Plan and CI project management and will assist with the strategic development of targeted Recruiting initiatives under the guidance of the Director.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Recruiting Management & Plan Execution – 60%
- Lead assigned Recruiting team to achieve the objectives of the Recruiting Plan, providing support however it may be needed, coaching and driving improvement if warranted.
- Hold Recruiters accountable for meeting goals and metrics and providing an excellent Candidate Experience; manage Candidate Experience surveys and provide action items for improvement.
- Build-out talent networks, influencers and industry sources to develop an on-going pool of candidates for assigned talent groups.
- Deploy competitive intelligence resources and create recruiting opportunities that draw experienced professionals to PSA.
- Proactively network with internal stakeholders to build a strong referral program that attracts quality candidates.
- Ensure that a premier Candidate Experience is maintained throughout the sourcing, interview, offer, and onboarding process that will differentiate PSA from competitors.
- Collaborate with Recruiters in support of the offer and negotiation process, developing compliant and compelling offers, assisting with negotiation per salary grade structure protocol if applicable.
- Monitor Recruiting Plan metrics and ensure program success of key performance indicators.
- Act as a Recruiter when needed for high-level positions or in support of the team when requisite distribution is off target.
- Attend Recruiting meetings and host one-on-one and team meetings, sharing knowledge and skills with the team and encouraging participation in CI efforts.
- Determine Recruiting training development programs needed for current team.
- Ensure Human Resources policies, processes and practices are executed consistently.
Recruiting Project Management – 20%
- Manage and execute delivery of Recruiting projects as assigned, including but not limited to Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives, updating processes, vendor onboarding, technology updates / implementation, and policy documentation.
- Partner with HR to ensure all Recruiting processes throughout the full lifecycle of applicant, candidate, and new hire onboarding are continually documented, streamlined, and clarified.
- Work with the Recruiting Support Supervisor to deliver and update the department Recruiting Manual and SOPs for accountable areas.
Strategic Development – 10%
- Partner with Director to develop strategic Recruiting Plans, metrics, and hiring initiatives that align with PSA’s growth projections and cultural objectives.
- Collaborate with Director to develop effective Recruiting Programs designed to attract and retain top industry talent in a competitive environment.
- Work with Director and Recruiters to develop and enhance effective screening and selection criteria and processes, training Recruiters and Hiring Managers on new processes as needed.
- Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
Reporting & Administration – 10%
- Ensure team data in the Application Tracking System (ATS) is up-to-date and accurate.
- Collect, analyze and present team metrics using Excel and PowerPoint both ongoing and ad hoc.
- Share recruiting trends, best sources, and recruiting metrics to guide Recruiters and Hiring Managers on when and where to target talent.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
Key Stakeholder Communication:
- Recruiting Team: Daily supervision, coaching, mentoring, professional development
- Director of Recruiting: Daily and weekly updates on recruiting obstacles, wins, and issues; recording and analyzing of all requested data for accurate metrics collection
- Hiring Managers: Weekly communication for metrics reporting; sharing wins, obstacles, and issues (along with relevant solutions); consultative advice on best practices for hiring
- Human Resources: Ensure smooth transition of new hires through Day 1 Orientation
- Executives: Produce dashboard metrics reporting and present to executive leaders on the recruiting performance of corporate and technical roles as requested
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
- Minimum five (5) years of full lifecycle recruiting experience, ideally related to aviation, including salaried, hourly, and high-volume recruitment. This includes best practices knowledge of sourcing/networking, event management, interviewing, selection, legal/compliance processes, building Hiring Manager relationships, and providing an excellent Candidate Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years (3-5 preferred) of supervisory experience over individual contributors
- Experience managing and executing CI projects related to Recruiting or HR
- Experience managing and delivering Recruiting Programs (e.g. talent pipeline development, school partnerships, volume recruiting events, marketing / social initiatives, etc.)
- Track record of success analyzing recruiting data, finding trends and presenting reports
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor; sense of humor required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Highly effective time management
- Creative problem-solving
- Intellectual aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Focus on excellence
- Servant Leadership
- Performance Management
- Coaching / Mentoring
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of rare evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Travel: Intermittent travel, up to 25% of the time depending on hiring needs.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.