Inflight Training Developer
Inflight Training Developer
Location: Vandalia, OH
Work Schedule/Shift: 08:00 - 17:00 / times may vary depending on needs of operation
Reports To: Manager of Inflight Standards
Direct Reports: None
Relocation: Some assistance available
Travel: 25% overnight travel
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
About Us: We have 3,000+ professionals across six states ensuring our 750+ flights to 90 destinations every day meet the expectations of our parent company, American Airlines. Be a part of our growth and help PSA remain known in the industry for its outstanding safety, performance, and training culture. Since 2014, PSA has almost tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150+ Bombardier CRJ aircraft. As the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S., we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development.
Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Bonus and Profit Sharing opportunities
- Travel Privileges on all American Airlines flights
Position Summary/Objective: The Inflight Training Developer designs and develops training programs using Instructional Systems Design principles in support of the PSA Inflight training program. Works collaboratively with training management, instructional staff and subject matter experts to understand training needs and create effective, skills based training solutions.
- Design and develop training materials (curricula and lesson plans) utilizing web-based training programs and Learning Management Systems to meet Inflight training requirements.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team (department managers and supervisors, customer representatives, subject matter experts, instructional staff, program developers) to research, design, develop and implement effective training solutions.
- Develop customer focused training programs.
- Provide timely status updates and reports on assigned projects and organizational performance to supervisor.
- Take ownership of assigned projects and do what is necessary to ensure assigned projects are completed on schedule and to department standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe programs
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Flight Attendant certified, or the ability to become certified
- Four-year College Degree
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following:
- Root cause analysis, Troubleshooting, and Quantitative skills
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Change management, Continuous improvement, and Performance management
- Critical thinking and Progressive/Creative problem solving
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Strategic learning, training, and decision making skills
- Multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.